Friday, January 19, 2018

What I listen to while I’m creating

     Music has always been such a huge part of my creative process. I cannot draw, paint or write in silence. I can look at my pieces and tell you what bands and songs I was listening to while I was working on them.

     Sometimes the playlist is inspired by the pieces and sometimes the music inspires the art. I feel like I couldn’t create without a playlist of what that series of drawings sounds like. I know it sounds weird but I envision the two together. When I listen to music I don’t just listen to it, I feel it, it’s an experience. The same goes for my art, I experience my art.

     I’m fascinated by what other artists listen to while creating. I feel like the music you are drawn to and the music that sparks ideas says a lot about you. It lets you see a very vulnerable side to people that they may not talk about. Music is such an personal thing. So if you were ever curious about what I listen to while I’m drawing, here is my weird mash up of a playlist. It’s all over the place and at some points doesn’t really make sense but then again, that’s how my brain works.



                                             

0 comments:

Post a Comment