Tuesday, January 16, 2018

How I make overnight oats

     We are in that time of year when everyone is trying to get healthier. We all follow a pattern of getting super inspired, looking up recipes and making promises that you are going to eat healthy every day from that day forward. The problem is, at least for me, I become overwhelmed and give up.

     When it comes to eating healthy some recipes or meal planning seem so unattainable. Now, I am not an expert. I am still trying to figure all of this out and I've fallen off track many times. I want to start adding realistic recipes and meal planning that I actually eat. Meals that are easy and affordable so that eating healthy doesn't feel like a giant undertaking.


     Overnight oats in my opinion are the easiest place to start when it comes to meal prep. It is fast, easy and cheap. Plus, it is a great base to add anything you want or anything you have. I always start with a drizzle of honey for sweetness. After that it's really what I have. I've added nuts, fruit, coconut, peanut butter or even dark chocolate. The possibilities are endless!


     I like making enough for two days when I make these. I've seen other recipes say they make them for four days at a time. I've tried that, I'm just not a fan of the texture after day two. I put the mixture in the fridge in a larger container, scoop out what I need in the morning and add toppings! I like mine cold but you can absolutely heat them.

     I don't even know if this would qualify as a recipe, as it's only two ingredients but here it is!

1 cup oats
1 cup almond milk (I like a little extra milk)

     Let me know if you make these and what combinations of toppings you use!

   

0 comments:

Post a Comment