Thursday, December 28, 2017

10 artists you should be following

     I like most people draw inspiration from other artists and creators. There is something about watching someone else work that sparks something. Instagram is a great way to find and follow artists but sometimes it can be overwhelming and hard to find artists you love. That's where I come in to save the day. Here is a list of artists I think everyone who loves art should be following.

Lena Danya


A post shared by Lena Danya 🌸 (@lenadanya) on
      If you follow anything about painting online you've probably seen Lena Danyas work. She is a painter, working mostly with oils. Her work is so feminine and soft. She has a way of painting woman and natural elements like no one else. She also has a Youtube channel that I highly suggest if you are looking for educational videos on painting or if you just love watching other people paint like I do.


Henrik Aa. Uldalen


     Henrik Aa. Uldalen is one of my favorite artists. The combination of heavy pallet knife work and soft paint strokes are so dreamy and whimsical. Sometimes I will go to his instagram just to look through his feed to feel inspired.


Lee Price

A post shared by lee price (@leepricestudio) on

     First of all, that is not a photo. That is a painting. Lee Price is probably my favorite when it comes to photo realism and detail. The first time I saw her work I thought they were photographs. When I learned they were oil paintings I fell in love. Everything she does is so intricate and precise.


Etienne Garceau 


     Etienne Garceau is a new find for me. I started following him only about a month ago but he quickly became a favorite. His strategic use of color when working with dark subject matter is what caught my eye. Aside from being obviously talented his page is great because he lets you see the process of each painting, whether it's progress photos or live painting.


Happy D.


A post shared by Happy D. (@happydartist) on

     Happy D. is the pop of color in my feed. I tend to follow a lot of artists that work in dark colors or subjects so sometimes it's nice to have some color to break that up. Everything she does feels like a dream, a neon dream. She has nailed using so much color but not making it feel like it's too much. She also has a Youtube channel that I highly suggest.


Michelle Avery Konczyk


      Michelle Avery Konczyk is probably the most unique of all of my favorites. She does things with watercolor that I didn't think were possible. Her work is light and airy because it is watercolor but it's also dark and rich like an oil painting.


Daire Lynch

A post shared by daire lynch (@dairelynch) on

     Daire Lynch is another new find for me. I found his instagram a few weeks ago and instantly fell in love. His work is so reminiscent of classic oil paintings but with a modern twist. The way he captures light and the human form is like no one else I've seen.


Nathalie Rattner


     I've been following Nathalie Rattners work for a long time. Her work reminds me of the Vargas girls but with a modern spin. All of her work is so girly and fun. If you like pin up art like me, you will love her.


Kit King

A post shared by k i t k i n g (@kit_king) on

     Kit King is a huge inspiration to me. Her work is shocking in all the best ways. She pushes the limits of gender, emotion and censorship and does it with flawless technique. Everyone needs to be following her.


 Tanya Shatseva

     Tanya Shatseva's is a favorite for her use of color. Her work pops but is still dimensional and rich. She also has a Youtube channel that is like a piece of art in itself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment